The BC Tradeswomen Society was created to provide support and networking opportunities for women in the trades in British Columbia, Canada.
- Fully run by tradeswomen
- Primarily funded and supported by membership
- A registered non-profit organization
- Open to all individuals who identify as women, non-binary and trans working in the trades in BC
The purposes of the society are:
- To provide a positive environment of support and encouragement for women in trades.
- To promote success for women in trades through education, leadership, and mentoring.
- To decrease the barriers that prohibit women from remaining in the trades.
- To increase the employment and retention rates of women in the trades.