The BC Tradeswomen Society was created to provide support and networking opportunities for women in the trades in British Columbia, Canada.
- Fully run by tradeswomen
- Primarily funded and supported by membership
- A registered non-profit organization
- Open to all individuals who identify as women, non-binary and trans working in the trades in BC
The purposes of the society are:
- To provide a positive environment of support and encouragement for women in trades.
- To promote success for women in trades through education, leadership, and mentoring.
- To decrease the barriers that prohibit women from remaining in the trades.
- To increase the employment and retention rates of women in the trades.
Only paid-up members in good standing can vote in the AGM and enjoy the privileges of membership in the BC Tradeswomen Society. Annual membership is $5 and can be paid by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please fill out a membership form here. Members agree to be bound by the society’s code of conduct and uphold the purposes as stated above, and also can vote at our Annual General Meeting as well as run for a position on our Executive Board.